American cookie : the snaps, drops, jumbles, tea cakes, bars & brownies that we have loved for generations / Anne Byrn ; photography by Tina Rupp1 available
WCTC General Collection
TX772 .B97 2018
- First edition.
- xxii, 312 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Drop cookies past & present -- Cookies shaped, rolled & remembered -- Wafers, icebox cookies & planning ahead -- Tea cakes, politics & conversation -- Candy, fried cakes & culinary artistry.
- "Each of America's little bites--cookies, candies, wafers, brittles--tells a big story, and each speaks volumes about what was going on in America when the recipes were created. In American Cookie, the New York Times bestselling author and Cake Mix Doctor Anne Byrn takes us on a journey through America's baking history. And just like she did in American Cake, she provides an incredibly detailed historical background alongside each recipe. Because the little bites we love are more than just baked goods--they're representations of different times in our history. Early colonists brought sugar cookies, Italian fig cookies, African benne wafers, and German gingerbread cookies. Each of the 100 recipes, from Katharine Hepburn Brownies and Democratic Tea Cakes to saltwater taffy and peanut brittle, comes with a lesson that's both informative and enchanting"-- Amazon.com.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 295-299) and index.
- Added Author
- Rupp, Tina, photographer.
- 9781623365455 (paperback)
- 1623365457 (paperback)